Saturday, July 3, 2010

My view on life in the wastes

i was searching the cars along the highway when i finally found a cigarette. Heaven..The taste of tar in my throat and rush of nicotine through my blood, clearing my head like a rush of fresh spring water through dry, cracked clay. I haven't seen a sign of life-or un-life for days now. just me, walking to nowhere looking for something i can't place my mind on. Wait-yeah, i was looking for survivors. People like me, wandering this barren wasteland. It seems that now, I have all the time in the world to spend, but none to spend on happiness.But a spark, a small ray of joy did I find when I smoked the cigarette but before, when I ran away from my village till now and what may come after, I see little hope. Hope is too small, happiness fleeting. What a sad word we live in now, where we would risk our lives and the lives of those around us for these moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment