Tuesday, July 13, 2010

An Escape

I haven't been able to get to a computer for days now. My netbook's battery died on me a few days after I found it. I'm not sure what to think anymore, with everything I've seen. When I was living at the Village, things weren't so bad. We had enough to eat through farming and we kept livestock. The undead population wasn't too bad too. Out guards kept a good lookout, taking care of anything suspicious that got into their sights. Up till now, I'm still cursing the bastard who caused all this-my friends, the people i called my family, gone. All gone. And out here, well, out here, it seems almost impossible to survive. How I did for so long, I don't know. I used to have a plan, to get humanity back on it's feet or at least to create a new community, but hopes of that are all gone. For days now, I haven't seen any form of human life, and as i walk further, I encounter more and more undead. Tine after time I escape, barely. I'm living each day more and more like 'them'. I drag myself around, nothing but food on my mind, groans and moans come from my mouth instead of words; I'm too tired to talk. I'm afraid my tongue will forget how to form words so every night I practice talking, whispering to myself in the pitch black, fearfully listening to any sound that might mean danger. I don't know anything anymore, I'm too tired. I'll come back to this computer and write a bit more later. Now, the sweet sweet thought of sleep calls to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment